Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Mark 12, 18-27
Some Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to Jesus and asked him a question, saying, “Teacher, Moses wrote for us that ‘if a man’s brother dies, leaving a wife but no child, the man shall marry the widow and raise up children for his brother.’ There were seven brothers; the first married and, when he died, left no children; and the second married her and died, leaving no children; and the third likewise; none of the seven left children. Last of all the woman herself died. In the resurrection whose wife will she be? For the seven had married her.” Jesus said to them, “Is not this the reason you are wrong, that you know neither the scriptures nor the power of God? For when they rise from the dead, they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven. And as for the dead being raised, have you not read in the book of Moses, in the story about the bush, how God said to him, ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? He is God not of the dead, but of the living; you are quite wrong.”
He is a living God for those who want to live.
[16:55, 31/5/2021] Crista: He is a living God for those who want to live.
- Test. There will always be people who put us to the test; who put us in difficult situations. We should not be overwhelmed, but rather, take time to think and give ourselves to God. Moments of conflict help us to grow and mature. The key is to know how to face the situation like Jesus.
2.Marriage. Matrimony can be a test. No one ever said that married life would be easy. Of course it is difficult and hard, but we must learn to look at marriage from a supernatural point of view. We must go through stages and processes, and every process is hard. There are moments of pain, of anxiety, jealousy, difficulties, tensions, temptations… Living together is not easy at all, but pray for God to be by your side. Put God in your marriage.
- Living God. The key is to be able to look at God (who is right next to you), and feel His presence. He wants to be with you and show you that you can walk the path of life together: God with you, and you with God. God is here with you and He is not a relic, some thing that is from the past. He is a living God, right now !
May God bless you in the name of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. And always remember Heaven is our goal.
[17:19, 31/5/2021] Crista: Meditation for June 3, 2021 – Mark 12, 28-34
You shall love the Lord.
- The first one. Loving the Lord is the most essential point of your life; it is the core… that is what your life should be based on. Love is what leads you to know where your whole being is going. It is the starting point of everything you are going to face and of all your struggles.
- The neighbor. There is no doubt it’s difficult for us to live together, and surely there are brothers and sisters who are a real headache! But this is what Christianity is all about: seeing our brothers and sisters and learning to look at them through God’s eyes; like Jesus would look at them. We must learn to accept their weak points; learn to accept them in their pains and even in their illnesses. I’m sure we can also be big headaches for God, but nevertheless, the sun continues to come out every day for all of us.
- The way. God and your brothers and sisters are the course of your life, and of your day. Through them you nourish your life and walk the path towards God and happiness.
Throughout the day, repeat an aspiration as a constant form of prayer for your brothers and sisters. Demonstrate your good wishes by smiling at others. As we are in the month of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, we can repeat this aspiration: “Sacred Heart of Jesus, I trust in you. ” With your prayer you show your love for God, and with your smile, you show others that God exists.
May God bless you in the name of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. And never forget that Heaven is our goal.Clic para descargar el audio